Data Classes are the broad categories of data held in ARK. The data is divided by its nature rather than by its meaning. This is significant in that different classes of data require different handling in forms and the database. The classes of data supported by ARK are:
- Text - generally long-text
- Attributes - this requires an attribute type like a materials inventory where the attributes can be brick, coin or glass.
- Actions - somebody doing something, is often combined with a person from the address book
- Spans - a span from for example a date to the next (e.g. 100BC-AD250)
- XMI - a link between two module items