Difference between revisions of "ARK2/View"
(→View Tables / Classes)
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
== Tables ==
== Tables ==
Revision as of 16:28, 19 March 2018
ARK2 provides a table driven configuration of Views such as Pages, Forms and Tables. View Elements can be nested to build up complex layouts.
View elements are either Basic Elements, or Compound Elements made up of other Basic and/or Compound Elements.
- Widget - An object embedded in a page, e.g. a form element, text element, button, etc
- Field - A widget that is linked to a specific Attribute in a Schema and inherits its behaviour from that Attribute, e.g. an Actor's name is a text form field with defined size constraints
- Nav - A widget that is used for site navigation, e.g. a clickable link with or without an icon
- Page - A layout of other elements in a page, with standard elements such as header, sidebar, footer, and content
- Grid - A layout of other elements in rows and columns, both basic and compound
- Form - An HTML5 Form
- Table - An HTML5 Table
- Tree - Currently not implemented, a layout of other elements in a hierarchical tree, e.g. a navigation menu
View Tables / Classes
ark_view_cell - ARK\View\Cell ark_view_element - ARK\View\Element ark_view_field - ARK\View\Field ark_view_form - ARK\View\Form ark_view_group - ARK\View\Grid ark_view_nav - ARK\View\Nav ark_view_page - ARK\View\Page ark_view_table - ARK\View\Table ark_view_tree - ARK\View\Tree ark_view_type - ARK\View\Type ark_view_widget - ARK\View\Widget
Tables are a Compound Element defined by the ARK\View\Table class, and can only embed ARK\View\Field or ARK\View\Widget Basic Elements. They cannot embed other Compound Elements. When a Table embeds Field Elements, then all Fields must belong to a single Schema, i.e. a Table embeds an Schema, with each row embedding an Item that is an instance of that Schema.